Tuesday 1 September 2015

back to school haul♡


It's that time of year again where Summer is over and I am particularly excited because today is the 1st of September and that means autumn and rainy days and comfy clothes and christmas! But I'm getting ahead of myself here, the real reason I am writing this post is because I am talking about the Back To School season and what I have bought in preparation for going back to school. 


The first thing I bought was my school bag. I was after a satchel again this year, as I do love my satchels but I couldn't find any! The next best thing was this tote brown bag from Matalan. It's a really good size and has a long strap and also two smaller straps. It was £18 which I think is a really good price for such a big sturdy bag. I couldn't find any school shoes this year so I am just going to keep my school shoes I have already. 


I love lip balms and recently I have been having a little clear out and a sort through. I've been using a lot more lip balms up and was lacking in a tube lip balm because I have a lot of tin lip balms which aren't the most hygienic for school. So I bought the Baby Lips Dr Rescue in 'Too Cool' which is a clear moisturising lip balm. It will be really great for the colder months where my lips may need some TLC. 


Now onto my favourite...stationary!

I bought a lot of my stationary this year from Tesco and WH Smiths. So the first thing I bought stationary wise were these sharpie highlighters. What is amazing about these is they don't smudge. I find with previous highlighters they smudge everywhere on the page and just ruin your work. These don't, which are ideal for school. 


I also bought a classic Pritt stick because it's the best glue for getting stuff stuck! And a WH Smith 15cm clear ruler as I have cute patterned rulers but for exams I'm sure you have to have a clear ruler so I bought it to be all prepared!


I was very tempted when Tesco had a deal on this massive pack of Sharpies. This pack comes with 28 different colours and a varied amount of shades of colours too! I think this will be ideal for project work, mind maps and revising in colour. These have come in useful so far too! 


As a 'congratulations for finishing Year 10' present, my Mum very kindly bought me this Filofax Planner from WH Smith. I absolutely adore this planner. I love the pattern of floral butterflies against the mint - I think it looks really pretty. I have been organising my Summer with this planner and it is perfect for preparing blogposts and when I go back to school it will be ideal for organising homework and scheduling everything!


I also got this Acrylic Tube Set from WH Smith. My sister and I both took an arty subject and we don't have any acrylic paints at home, so for coursework and homework we thought this would be really great to have them already at home. And of course, if we were feeling creative they would be good painting in our free time also.



And lastly I got a selection of biros. The first being these Tesco Ball Pens which aren't the best to write with which is shame but I'm sure I will still find a use for them! Because the Tesco Ball Pens weren't the best I bought a set of the Bic Cristal Colour Collection on a deal and it comes with a selection of coloured biros which will come in handy for mind maps and revision. I also picked up a large pack of plain black biros too.


I hope you all have a good start to the school year!

Lots of love,
Emily x



18 comments:

  1. Great post Emily!!! Your bag is so so pretty! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stationary! You picked up some great bits!

    Aim | www.thetracesofmythoughts.blogspot.co.uk x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love going school shopping so much. I still don't have a bag ahh. Lovely post.

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah it makes going back to school a lot more fun! xx

      Delete
  4. Your bag is lovely! And you got some great stationary.

    Tash Xx
    www.skindeep247.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, you are so prepared! ahah, Love that Filofax. x

    francescaroseblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still need to go stationary shopping and this has made me excited. I already ahve a few necessities but need to buy a pencil case and folders and things tomorrow. Also, I have those highlighters and they are the best highlighters I have ever used, they just glide. They're so wonderful. Are you going into year 11 then? If so good luck (well good luck either way but yakno year 11 can seem pretty daunting!)x
    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thats lovely to here! Yes I am! Thank you! xx

      Delete
  7. I go back to school Thursday (nooo) so I recently did some back to school shopping. I'm going into year 11 too so thought I'd need a lot of supplies for revision and whatnot. I love your new school bag, I used to have one from Matalan because they're so affordable. Great post! I also did one of these recently if you're interested! Thanks, Lydia Eve - www.mydaisychaincloset.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I'm going into Year 11 too xx I will definitely check it out soon xx

      Delete
  8. You picked up some lovely things! I bet those coloured biros will be great for note taking x


    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't given them a go yet but I shall and let ya know! xxx

      Delete
  9. Lovely post Emily! Definitely the best part about going back to school!

    Bx
    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Becca! I totally agree!x

      Delete