Wednesday 15 July 2015

bloggers meetup and haul♡


I am constantly amazed at the vast amount of opportunities I have been given since the day I started blogging. Never in a million years on that frosty afternoon of Boxing Day 2013 that writing my first very cringey blog post would lead to the sorts of things I have been able to do through this small community. My blog never fails to lead me to things I never expected. Together with my blogging friend, Chloe we arranged a meet up for bloggers and YouTubers around our local area. We prepared for big numbers but many of the ones invited got caught up with other things such as working so we had a very small little gathering, tearoom treats and shopping. We spent the afternoon getting to know one another and having a really lovely time, so much so, we are hopefully going to meet up again! Because of the meet up Chloe and I got in contact with some companies who provided samples for the meet up which was really lovely of them so I thought I would do a mini review plus showing you some of the goodies I sneakily bought myself! 


This is a collab with Chloe whom I met! She was so lovely in 'real' life as well as on her blog and online! Here is her blog post all about the day! 



I shared cream tea with my sister! 

As part of the bloggers meetup some lovely companies sent us some goodies to try and give to all the girls who are going. The first thing that was in the goody bag was the 'Dream Dots' overnight treatment patches for your spots. They are small plastic sticky dots that are clear and fit on any pesky blemish you have. I'm not entirely sure on the way it works. I have tried this twice. Unfortunately, the first evening the spots didn't stay properly on my skin and I ended up waking up to find them no longer on my face. Last night, I gave them another go and the results weren't successful. I still will persist with trying this but so far it hasn't done anything for me! 



Also in the goody bag there were these Papier Poudre powdered sheets which are great to absorb all the excess oil on your face. I used these after PE and they absorbed any of the oil on my T-Zone and transferred a light powder which did refresh. What I love about this is the samples come in a little book so it's the perfect size to fit in your makeup bag. I always find that when carrying a powder it's likely to break and cause a lot of mess. These are ideal because the powder is built into the paper.  




Lastly, in the bag was the Metcalfes Skinny Popcorn in Sweet 'n Salt. I love this popcorn and especially this flavour. The idea is this popcorn is not as calorific and it's gluten free. I really enjoyed this and the bag went in the space of 5 minutes. I would definitely buy this again! 


During the shopping trip, I also picked up some skincare/bodycare bits and bobs for myself because who doesn't like a little treat? Firstly, I went to the Body Shop and picked up another one of their body butters. I luckily, always find these on deals. This was £6.50 - what a bargain! I love the Body Shop body butters. They are really moisturising on my skin and smell so delicious. I bought the blueberry one which has a really fruity subtle scent and I love the colour of the packaging! 


I also decided to pick up the Lush Mask of Magnimity. I went into Lush with the intention of just window shopping but the face masks immediately caught my eye. I was interested in buying the Cupcake one but it was more expensive, a smaller quantity and only lasts a month whereas this Mask of Magnimity lasts for 4 or so months, bigger in quantity and a little bit cheaper. It was a no brainer. This says it's perfect of acne and pesky spots which I am prone to getting. It smells like mint and pea soup and is quite thick in consistency. I will report back on how well this worked! 




Emily xx

16 comments:

  1. Lovely post Emily! I really enjoyed our meetup and I definitely think we should meet again. You bought some lovely products and I cannot wait to see your reviews on them. It is a shame that the Dream Dots didn't work for you, maybe it's a bit to do with skin type. I guess we will never know. I am glad you enjoyed the meetup and we will make sure it happens again soon!

    Chloe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Chloe! It was so lovely to meet you. Maybe it's because my skin is more oily I'm not sure! x

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy that you got to meet Chloe and some other online friends, sounds like you had an amazing time! Those spot removers have a pretty cool concept it's a shame they don't stay on though :( Sweet and salty popcorn is my favourite flavour popcorn as well! The mask of magnaminty is my absolute fave mask from lush
    Dalal x
    monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving Mask of Magnamity so far! x Thank you Dalal x

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a fab day Emily and I'm so glad you all got to meet each other! Looks like you got a couple of lovely things out of the trip too! Sorry the spot things haven't worked for you, such a shame! Great post Emily!

    Bx
    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a wonderful time, I would love to do this one day with all my blogging friends x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I would love to meet you Nicole! xx

      Delete
  5. I love this post, it's so lovely to see bloggers & youtubers all meeting up and having a great time!! Also those scones look delicious!!

    http://geraldineswonderfulworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were very yummy hehe! Yes, I agree it's amazing how people can meet through blogging!

      Delete
  6. This sounds so nice, I can't wait to meet some of my blogging friends! I'm so jealous of the Mask of Magnaminty, I've wanted to try if for a couple weeks now. x

    francescaroseblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really enjoying the mask so far! xx

      Delete
  7. It seemed like you had such a great time! I really want to arrange a meet up in London but I’m afraid that only Dalal will come haha x

    Ambra // fridaysarefab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm sure lots will come if you advertise it! London is such a central place for a lot of people x

      Delete
  8. I'm so happy for you and Chloe getting to meet! Wish I lived near you too rather than being stuck in Northern Ireland ahah! You also picked up some lovely stuff, I really want to try that mask! x

    ReplyDelete